What is it about guitar amps from the past that makes them so desirable?
Could it be the looks?
Or, perhaps it's both?
We certainly considered both while designing our new Classic amplifiers: the Koch Classictone II series! Clearly, we took a look at some iconic tube amps too, as the new series consists of four classic tube amps fitted with EL84 power tubes for a warm sound with awesome overdrive.
Calling a new product a classic may seem a little strong, yet it's hard to deny that's what we have achieved with these new 20 and 40-watt amps. The looks are certainly vintage and we've also succeeded in recreating yesteryear's sound in the combo and head models, both of which are available in a 20-watt and a 40-watt version.
A large part of the classic sound comes from the EL84 power tubes that deliver a typical crystal-clear, bell-like high. Overdriven, the tubes lean heavily towards a vintage British sound. This gives our Koch Classictone II series amps the wonderful combination of a warm clean coupled with heavy overdrive, complete with characteristic 'singing' upper tones and a healthy dose of compression.
The front panel features a setting for the master volume so that you can enjoy the tube compression fully whether you're at home, in the studio or on stage. The switch works like an attenuator, and with an accurately responsive equalizer divided over the three channels, the sound will never become thick or muddy, no matter what setting is chosen.
Koch Classictone specifications:
• All-tube “Class A” amplifier
• EL84 Power-tubes (available as 20 or 40W)
• 3 x 12AX7 pre-amp tubes
• 3 channels (Clean, Overdrive & Overdrive boost) foot-switchable
• One set of passive bass-mid-treble tone controls
• Custom designed VG12-60 12" Koch speaker (combo)
• 4, 8, & 16 Ohm speaker outputs plus speaker on/off switch
• Serial effects loop (10 dBV signal level)
• Balanced Recording output with speaker simulation
• Long scale spring reverb tank
• 2 way footswitch (included)
• Three master volume settings:
• Available as combo and head
Koch Guitar Electronics 2016.